Sunday, January 30, 2011

Idea Board for Living Room

I made my very first Olio Board!  I'm not sure if it really captures what is in my head, but I'm sure the more boards I do, the better I will get at it.  Anyway, this is some of what I am thinking for my living room.



I'm painting the walls a pale gray.  This way I can add different colors, patterns and art work without having to worry how they will work with the wall color.  I'm excited to add little pops of color here and there with cushions, etc...  Someday, hopefully sooner than later, I will finally buy new hardware for the little cupboard I redid back in Summer!  Also I would really like to get to work on my Grandfather's old chair. I'm not sure if I will paint it a pale color or basic black, but I know I want to recover the seat in a bold pattern of some sort.  I also have so many ideas for wall art...if only my printer worked!  I want to have more of a collage feeling with various sized frames.  Eventually, as I make my way around the room, I would love to stencil an accent wall. Not sure what color or pattern yet, as stencils can be a bit pricey.  I'm actually thinking of trying to make my own...not sure yet how that will work out. 

The process of redoing my living room will not be a speedy one, as money is always a factor.  I did purchase paint last night though, which is always exciting!  I might even paint one wall today simply because I can't wait to see what it will look like!

No comments:

Post a Comment